Spirited Conversations is a deep dive talk (and tasting) into issues affecting the mezcal category. These talks are composed of either a panel or single person presentation followed by a question and answer time with the audience.
Spirited Conversations topics include:
- Does Big Mezcal Equal Bad? Looking Beyond Oaxaca – Tess Rose Lampert, Moderator. Panelists Danny Mena of Mezcales de Leyenda, Arik Torren of Fidencio and Kai Hackinen of Back Bar Project.
- Does Big Mezcal Equal Bad? – Emma Janzen, Moderator. Panelists Gilbert Marquez of Ilegal Mezcal, Lou Bank of SACRED and Jay Schroeder of Todos Santos/author of Understanding Mezcal (2019, Chicago)
- The Sustainability Question – Susan Coss, Moderator. Panelists Ivan Saldaña of Montelobos, Raza Zaidi of Wahaka and Judah Kupor of Mezcal Vago (2016, San Francisco)
- NOM 70 Deep Dive – Eduardo Belaunzaran (2017, Washington, DC)
- Alternative Business Models – Rion Toal (2017, Sacramento)
- Desert Terroir – Max Garrone (2018, San Francisco)
- The California/Mexico Paradox Told Through Agave Spirits – Susan Coss (2018, San Francisco)